Monday, April 9, 2007

Bringing Rossi home.






Hello guys! I am down with the flu and cough, but I will continue to put in effort on the hamster race circuit. My nose and throat are SO irritating...sigh.

Anyway, I brought Rossi home with me today. I could see that Vitoria was very worried and concerned for her hamster, she kept reminding me to feed it and make it as comfortable as possible. Well, Vitoria, if you are reading this, you will be pleased to find out that Rossi is napping peacefully in his cage, without a care in the world. Rossi is a really charming hamster; its fur is pure white and it has the most adorable face. When I tried to carry it, it nibbled my fingers and jumped back into the cage. The hamster's nibbling was not painful , rather, it was tickly and amusing... I am really starting to LOVE this little character!

Anyway, due to my earlier visit to the doctor and my chinese tuition from 7.00 to 9.00 p.m, I have not had the time to do anything for the hamster circuit today.Hmpphhh... nevermind, I will be doing it now.

In school today, Vanessa and I finalised the length of the circuit! It is 5 metres approximately. With the measurements all done, the construction of the hamster circuit would be in FULL FORCE. This is my checklist for the construction of the circuit:
1. Cut the black cardboard and white cardboard into card-size pieces of length 20 cm and width 10 cm each. Make sure that thare is about 50 card-size peices.
2. Line the pieces of balck and white cards in two parallel rows, with 25 cards on each row and about 6 cm between the two rows.
3. Use scotch-tape or staples to hold the rows of card-size pieces together. The hamster circuit is thus formed.
4. Use the chicken wire to steady the walls of the hamster circuit.
5. The walls of the circuit will be decorated by pictures of Rossi and encouraging words to boost Rossi's confidence.
Well, I guess this is about it. After completing all the tasks on the checklistr above, I would hold a practice race for Rossi. This is to help Rossi get used to the circuit he will be running in on the day of the big race as well as make sure that nothing unexpected crops up on the big day. I am very confident that Rossi would do all of his team members proud!!!











No comments: